Adopt me!


Baby J is available for adoption with the Rockville, MD based all-breed dog rescue, Mutts Matter Rescue. Read my blog to learn all about me and then go to their website to fill out an adoption application! You can find them online at muttsmatterrescue.com.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The morning



Just so we are all clear. I am not a morning dog.

When my mom comes down the stairs in the morning, Minnie and Ellery run to the stairs and greet her with wags and circle jumps and love. I am in my crate, fast asleep. Minnie and Ellery go outside and then my mom comes to peek in at me. I can't hear any of this morning craziness....did you forget I am deaf, people???

I am fast asleep in my crate. My mom opens the door, looks into at me, and I am still asleep. She'll tap the crate to cause vibrations and I am still asleep. Usually, she has to reach in and give me some morning pets to wake up. I wake up, one eyeball at a time and look at her like, "morning, already, ma???""

She makes me go outside in the yard to do my biz'....and then I go right back to my comfy crate. I lay on my fleece blanket (aka: my binky) and deaf-dog-nap while my mom makes coffee, straightens the dishes, and starts getting ready. The only way I will my get up in the morning is if my mom sits down with her laptop to read her rescue email. If I catch a peek, I'll come running so I can beat Ellery and sit closest to her while she reads email. But, I am not reading emails. I am fast asleep!

My mom thinks I sleep so much because I am doing so much growing and I need all the energy I can get. I think mom forgets I am a teenager and just cause I can't put Nirvana posters up in my room doesn't mean I don't want to sleep until noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment